Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Bridge to Terabithia

This weekend, I got to see a decent movie. TheBridge to Terabithia. Yes, it's a family movie, yes, it's only rated PG, and yes, it's far superior to most of the crap Hollywood spits out these days. The best part of the movie was really the kids. Josh Hutcherson and Anna Sophia Robb both do an excellent job at playing normal, slightly unpopular kids. They really brought a certain spark to the movie, and I really enjoyed watching them working together.
I went to see the movie with my 16 year old friend, and as teenagers, we were both a bit dissapointed. We wanted something more like Narnia. Very little of the movie really takes place in Terabithia, and that's what we wanted to see. But as a kid, it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. It really showed imagination. Not just in the writing, but in the acting and directing as well. 4 out of five stars.

And on a side note, Snoikle is going down a decidedly different path. I've dropped the idea of reviewing MOCs, that'll be reserved for Moyblik, and have gone the same way v2 did. Snoikle is now just my blog. I know, how horrible. And now, off to mess with a 75 degree day, and allergies.

No comments: