Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sex Machine


Adrian Drake is probably best known around lego websies as "the guy who built that big SHIP"

He comes around again with a mind numbing awesome SHIP. This time an "Alt. History" airship.
The Thomas E. Dewey.
I could spend the next two hours pointing out all the amazing detail. Like the huge rotors, the sweet gun truuets and the awesome hangar bay. But instead I'll pick several things that I love.

One: the entire interior. So much detail. I don't have time to browse every picture there, but I can tell it's sweet.

Two: the bridge. Some of those tiles look a little too modern for this thing, but it works never the less.

Three: The pop-up net to slow down incoming aircraft. It recedes into the floor and everything!

Four: The engine room. A crazy amount of detail and greebles. Beautiful.

Five: The underside propellers. I missed seeing those in the WIP shots. Very cool.

Six: the stripes in the color scheme. It would be incredibly dull without really.

I also love the observation deck.


Musical Influence:In memory of the Godfather of Soul, James Brown. May he R.I.P.

No comments: